Programs and Activities
Great libraries can not be built by today’s tax dollars alone. Every year, The Friends provides additional funding needed for programs, materials and support which help the Library to meet the growing demands for its services.
Activities sponsored by The Friends often would not be otherwise available, due to the Library’s budget constraints.
The Friends underwrites hundreds of programs to encourage lifelong learning in our community, including:
- The Summer Reading Program for readers from pre-school through adult
- Early Literacy Stations which allow young students to safely explore carefully chosen, highly engaging educational material on the Internet
- Storytellers, musical performers and puppet shows for children of all ages
- Authors, speakers and entertainers for adults, teens and children
- Acquisition of valuable books, materials and equipment
- Special programs to honor people and events significant to our area and its history
- Support for library legislative initiatives with the Ohio General Assembly
From toddlers to retirees, new immigrants to entrepreneurs, students to researchers, people depend on our Library system. Funding from The Friends enables the Library to continue its important work throughout our community.