Friends’ Shop at Main Library
Filled with treasures for readers, writers and gift-givers, The Library Friends’ Shop at the Main Library (800 Vine Street, 513-369-6920) has a wide array of merchandise to delight shoppers of all ages. CityBeat recently named The Friends’ Shop as the Best Unlikely Used Book Story in Cincinnati. To take a video tour of the Shop, click here.
In addition to a large selection of gently used books, videos, CDs and DVDs, the Friends’ Shop offers a variety of unusual items, including:
- New books and other items pertaining to Cincinnati and the surrounding area
- Unique boxed or individual greeting cards
- Literary-themed products such as bookmarks, key chains, and t-shirts
- Genealogy materials to aid researchers and family historians
- Materials which complement Library programs
- Gift items for holiday giving and beyond
- Toys for children of all ages
- Art supplies such as gelly roll pens, artistic pencils, and markers
The Friends’ Shop is located on the mezzanine level of the Main Library and is open Monday through Saturday from 10 am to 4 pm
Members of The Friends receive a 10% discount on all purchases made at the Warehouse. Join or renew today!
The Friends Shop will have extended shopping hours during the holiday season. Beginning on Monday, November 28 and running through Friday, December 23, the Shop will be open Mondays to Saturdays from 10 am to 6 pm, and on Sundays from 1 pm to 5 pm. Go to Home for more information about special events taking place at The Friends Shop during the holiday season.
All profits from the shop are used to help fund the activities and programs sponsored by The Friends of the Library. The Friends’ Shop is a member of the Museum Shop Association.
Looking for an interesting volunteer opportunity? The Friends’ Shop is looking for individuals to work as sales associates. For more information, go the Volunteer Opportunities page of this website.